Joseph N. Polito is an experienced lawyer in Davidoff Hutcher & Citron’s Commercial Litigation group in the firm’s New York City office. He represents companies as well as individuals in complex commercial litigation and real estate litigation.
Mr. Polito has been engaged in various litigation disputes that involved:
- Breaches of Contract
- Fiduciary Obligations
- Restrictive Covenants
- Condominium Offering Plans
- Neighboring Property License Agreements
- Construction Defects
Joseph has experience at every stage of the litigation process from intake through appeals as well as alternative dispute resolution including mediations and arbitrations.
REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS & RESULTS
- Represented a condominium sponsor in litigation involving construction defects – procured a positive settlement.
- Successfully mediated on behalf of an investment company that led to the collection of over a million dollars in stolen funds by former employees.
- Successfully negotiated various access agreements.
- Ongoing representation of a condominium owner who is seeking damages against a trade for defective and delayed work on a multi-million dollar renovation project.
- Ongoing representation of a private equity fund for breach of contract and fraud against corporate seller.
Prior to joining DHC, Joseph was a government affairs professional and was Deputy Chief of Staff for former State Senator Jeffrey D. Klein and Legislative Affairs Director for the New York City Human Resources Administration helping manage a portfolio that included issues surrounding Medicaid, Medicaid Recovery, Adult Protective Services, and HIV/AIDS Services.
- New York State Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers Association
AWARDS AND HONORS
- J.D. Degree, cum laude (New York Law School)
- John Marshall Harlan Scholar
- Staff Editor, New York Law School Law Review
“Achieving optimum results on behalf of my clients through strategic thinking and strong advocacy is my primary objective.”
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
Lifelong Mets fan