Nick Antenucci is Senior Counsel in the Economic Development & Tax Incentives law practice and a registered lobbyist and attorney in Davidoff Hutcher & Citron’s New York State Government Relations group where he focuses his practice on helping clients navigate through the legislative, regulatory and procurement processes of NY State government.
For over 20 years, Mr. Antenucci has represented a diverse set of clients before the Governor’s Office, administrative agencies, the Senate and the Assembly in Albany. Mr. Antenucci is proficient in the legislative and State Budget process, economic development initiatives as well the state’s evolving gaming industry. A seasoned government affairs professional, he is able to draft legislation as well as secure funding from various sources on behalf of a diverse set of clients. Highly experienced in all aspects of government relations at the New York State level, he and his team represent clients ranging from the film industry, not-for-profits, including universities and social service agencies, to statewide trade associations, banking, and the insurance industry.
A former Assembly committee clerk, Mr. Antenucci began his career working for then-Assemblymember RoAnn Destito (retired and former Commissioner of the NYS Office of General Services). Mr. Antenucci graduated from Western New England University School of Law and serves as Vice President of the Shaker Ridge Country Club, and will be the incoming President in 2023.
REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS & RESULTS
- Helped secure over $25 million in contract awards from various state agencies in two years on behalf of a construction management firm
- Advocated for and secured the selection of a casino to be located in Sullivan County, a process with limited licenses available on behalf of an industrial development agency
- Liaised with clients and Government to remain open, viable and sustainable during the Covid pandemic, assisted with regulations and orders to keep businesses operational, such as golf courses, salons, and amusement parks
- Secured $250,000 annually in the State Budget for expansion of a non-profit educational client’s programs
- Authored a law on behalf of a NY racing entity that leveled the playing field and protected NYS racing interests from unfair competition from out-of-state companies; the law has led to over $8 million annually being collected by the State and distributed among in-state racing interests
- Advocated for and drafted laws on behalf of a major real estate association extending and reforming key real estate tax policies to continue affordable housing development and construction in New York City
- Authored a law allowing for Bed & Breakfasts to offer alcohol to their guests on behalf of a statewide tourism association