Melissa Chapman is Associate Director of Government Relations and a registered Lobbyist in the New York City office of Davidoff Hutcher & Citron, LLP, where she works on city, state and federal matters. In this role, she uses a client-focused approach to navigate issues related to government funding and legislation.
Prior to joining DHC, Ms. Chapman spent over a decade at the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce (BCC) in various capacities and at the time of her departure, she served as the organization’s Senior Vice President for Public Affairs. During that time, she advanced the scope and influence of the BCC at all levels of government through advocacy, strategic community partnerships and effective promotion of BCC programs and services to key stakeholders. She also served as Liaison to the BCC’s Government Affairs Committee, and helped to make it a forceful advocate for the business community.
Ms. Chapman is originally from Guyana and while there, worked as a Journalist at Stabroek News; and also as a Legal Assistant at Britton, Hamilton & Adams, Attorneys-at-Law.
She is the recipient of numerous awards including:
- City & State Magazine’s Top 50 NYC Lobbyists (2021)
- Albany 40 Under 40 (2021)
- EBK Events Millennial Award in Excellence (2018)
- City & State’s Rising Stars 40 Under 40 Award (2015)
- Junior League of Brooklyn’s Community Impact Award (2015)
- NYS Comptroller Caribbean Heritage Award (2015)
- Home Reporter’s Top Brooklyn Woman in Business (2013)
- Caribbean Life’s 20 under 40 Award (2013)
Ms. Chapman holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, with a concentration in Marketing from Brooklyn College.