Elliot Lutzker is a corporate attorney, Partner and Chair of Davidoff Hutcher & Citron’s Corporate Law group in the firm’s New York City office. Over the years, Mr. Lutzker’s practice has covered a spectrum of corporate law, securities regulation, finance, and mergers and acquisitions. At present, he focuses on acting as de facto outside general counsel for numerous public companies at any given time.
Throughout his over 40 years of practicing law in New York City, Mr. Lutzker has represented a broad range of companies, from start-ups (as a founding provider of legal services at a high technology incubator), to large publicly held companies listed on the national securities exchanges, as well as numerous broker-dealers, underwriters, placement agents, and venture capitalists throughout the United States.
With a “hands on” approach and being one to not “shy away” from challenges which have no precedent, Mr. Lutzker values relationships with his clients and provides guidance through the most difficult transactions, some of his notable representations have included:
- Multiple registration statements approved by the SEC for a former China-based issuer
- First life settlement company to register its shares with the SEC
- First Irish company to list its shares with NASDAQ
- Handling of non-criminal enforcement matters with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
Prior to joining Davidoff Hutcher & Citron LLP, Mr. Lutzker was with Phillips Nizer for five years as a corporate partner and co-chair of their securities practice. Mr. Lutzker spent nineteen years with the firm of Snow Becker Krauss P.C. and started his legal career as an attorney with the Division of Enforcement of the New York Regional Office of the SEC. Mr. Lutzker is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell and is a member of the New York State Bar Association Committee on Securities Regulations, American Bar Association Corporate Practice, and has served as an attorney for his synagogue for many years.
AWARDS & HONORS
- New York Metro Super Lawyer 2013-2022
- New York State Bar Association Committee on Securities Regulations
- Cum Laude, New York Law School
Recognized and rated by Super Lawyers in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022