Aphrodite Hepheastou is an attorney in the Commercial Litigation, Real Estate Law and Co-ops & Condominiums Law practices, with a focus on Real Estate litigation and business transactions. She advises clients on a broad spectrum of matters ranging from business operations and potential conflict/risk assessment to landlord-tenant disputes and more. She counsels clients on potential conflicts and offers integrative legal solutions and strategies for planning and drafting documents, to help them gain an advantageous position should they ever end up in litigation.
Her clients include business owners, commercial and residential landlords, financial institutions, real estate professionals, general contractors, tradesmen and attorneys.
- Represented a general contractor in defense of claims resulting from one of New York’s largest crane collapse property damage actions.
- Represented Sellers in the licensing and sale of a multimillion-dollar townhouse featured in a popular television show.
- Successfully defended various American with Disabilities Act claims against several landmarked buildings within New York City.
- Negotiated various leases for high-profile fashion designers’ commercial real estate needs.
- Negotiated multiple RPAPL 881 Agreements for New York City and surrounding boroughs for landowners.
- Provided legal counsel to real estate developers and clients pre-build while offering guidance throughout processes up through the completion of projects
- Liaison with Estate Counsel to represent high-value estates and management of real estate holdings.
- Appeared in court before the State, Appellate Division and District Court litigating variety of business-related claims.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Aphrodite is a member of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) and Women in Housing & Finance and is active in her community, contributing to various events, including sitting on the board of the local Parent Teacher Association on a School and District level.