With 30 years of experience representing a wide-ranging network of high-profile clients, Leslie Barbara is one of the most celebrated matrimonial and family lawyers in New York. She handles all aspects of divorce and family law litigation including:
- Child Custody, Access Rights and Visitation
- Child Support
- Collaborative Law Matters
- Complex Business Valuations
- Domestic Violence
- Equitable Distribution of Property and Valuation Issues
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Same Sex Prenuptial Agreements, Divorce and Custody Matters
- Separation Agreements
- Spousal Maintenance (Alimony) & Support
Ms. Barbara has tried matters in both Supreme and Family Courts and has argued before the Appellate Division. She has also successfully handled matters involving international custody disputes and abduction cases.
When her clients utilize assisted reproductive technologies, whether as intended parents or surrogates, Ms. Barbara represents their interests. She has a comprehensive understanding of the Child-Parents Security Act (CPSA), which legalized compensated gestational surrogacy in New York.
Ms. Barbara focuses on the representation of high-profile and high-net-worth clients, including celebrities, professional athletes, restaurateurs, chief executive officers, and their spouses. She has extensive experience and is often called upon to comment on issues about divorce ranging from the recent trends in custody, the structuring of sophisticated financial settlements, to the potential fallout of a celebrity divorce. Ms. Barbara is a 2021 and 2022 Super Lawyer and has been nominated for Crain’s Notable Woman in Law for 2021.
- Authority Magazine (5 Things You Need to Know to Survive & Thrive During & After Divorce)
- CNN (Child Custody Battle)
- Daily Express (Costner & Baumgartner Divorce)
- Distractify (How Brady-Bündchen Prenups Factor in their Divorce)
- Fatherly (Divorce, Coronavirus & Child Custody)
- Newsweek (Tom Brady Discusses ‘Challenges’ After Gisele Bündchen Divorce Announcement)
- New York Post (Leesa Rowland, Actress & Author Bigamist Case)
- New York Times (Covid-19 & Divorce Court)
- People Magazine (Mom Who Fled NYC During Covid, Must Bring Her Son Back in Custody Battle)
- SheKnows (Bill & Melinda Gates Divorce)
- TechRound (The Tinder Swindler)
- The New Daily (Bill & Melinda Gates Divorce)
- The Sun (Bill & Melinda Gates Divorce)
- USA Today (Bill & Melinda Gates Divorce)
- USA Today (Olivia Wilde & Jason Sudeikis Custody Battle)
- Yahoo (Bill & Melinda Gates Divorce)
- Yahoo Finance (J-Lo & A-Rod Business Divorce)
AWARDS & HONORS
Recognized and rated by Super Lawyers in 2021 and 2022.