Jonathan Pasternak is a bankruptcy attorney and Partner in the Davidoff Hutcher & Citron’s Bankruptcy Law, Restructuring and Creditor Rights group. His practice focuses on bankruptcy, workout, and business and real estate law matters throughout the New York metropolitan area.
Mr. Pasternak routinely represents debtors and creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcy, with a focus primarily on debtors and their management. He has represented noteworthy clients in their respective Chapter 11 proceedings including:
- Atrinsic, Inc.
- Byram Concrete Corp.
- Circle In the Square Theatre
- DiCanio Organization
- Gaseteria Oil Corp.
- International Wholesale Tile
- Nationwide Electronics
- NewRoc Harley-Davidson
- Pudgie’s Famous Chicken
- Steve’s Ice Cream
Over the course of his more than 30 years in practice, Mr. Pasternak has worked with several firms in the New York area, serving as managing partner and practice chair. Additionally, Mr. Pasternak is a member of numerous national and regional bankruptcy and commercial law associations and has lectured on bankruptcy law before various professional associations throughout New York and Westchester County. He has been quoted frequently in Crain’s, The Deal and other industry publications and newspapers. Mr. Pasternak resides in Tenafly, NJ with his wife and children. He is an avid runner, singer, guitarist, and performer as well.
- New York Law Journal Article – DIP Financing, 1991
Presentations & Media Appearances
- Frequently lectures and appears in a variety of media outlets on bankruptcy-related matters
- Appeared on CNN’s Lou Dobbs Money Line in the Fall of 2005 on the issue of the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention & Consumer Protection Act of 2005
- Was interviewed by June Grasso on Bloomberg Radio in June, November and December 2008 on the increase in business bankruptcies and growing retail bankruptcy crisis
- Appeared in September 2011 alongside several distinguished scholars and jurists on a panel hosted by the New York Institute of Credit on current developments in bankruptcy case law
- Lectured on small business Chapter 11 cases, AIRA, Philadelphia, 2016
- Lectured on two webinars on current bankruptcy trends, 2017 and 2018
Recognized and rated by Super Lawyers in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021