Charles Klein is a Partner, lawyer, and Chair of Davidoff Hutcher & Citron’s Fashion Law group and serves as a member of the Corporate Law, Intellectual Property, and Hospitality Law practice teams in Davidoff Hutcher & Citron’s New York City office. Although Mr. Klein handles a wide variety of business law attorney matters for clients, his practice has focused on the fashion, accessories, and home furnishings industries, especially in licensing matters. Among his many major transactions, Charles represented a national luxury retailer in contracts to take its stores to China.
- Fashion Group International
- The Accessories Council
- The New York State Society of CPAs (NYSSCPA)
- The Organization Of Black Designers
- Navigating Fashion Law (Book) “Examining Fashion Contracts” Chapter Author
- License! Magazine – a 4-Part Article Series
- The Fashion Manuscript – “Klein’s Korner” (Monthly Column)
HONORS & AWARDS
- Annual Survey of American Law, NYU Law School
- American Jurisprudence Award for Constitutional Law II, NYU Law School
Charles began his career as a Litigation Associate at Stroock & Stroock & Lavan, a major Wall Street law firm, prior to being named Corporate General Counsel of the iconic Sergio Valente Jeans company. He returned to private practice when he joined Davidoff Hutcher & Citron LLP in 1990 where he helps fashion brands build their business, protect their brand assets and guide their licensing agreements.