January 13, 2021 — Now is when employers should determine their need for highly skilled and qualified workers for 2021, as this is a time-consuming and complicated process. DHC’s Of Counsel Joe Asir is skilled in preparing H1B petitions encompassing a wide variety of industries and occupations and will assist clients with filing H1B visas for the 2022 fiscal year, which begins on
October 1, 2021.
- The Government releases only 85,000 new H1B visas every fiscal year for U.S. employers to hire highly skilled foreign nationals.
- Due to the great demand for these visas, every year there is a lottery to select the 85,000 cases that can be filed.
- Rules on how the registration and filing process will be handled have not been released yet.
- March 1 – March 20, 2021: Employers likely need to pre-register their filings in these few weeks, based on last year’s process.
- USCIS will then conduct the lottery.
- April 1, 2021: Successful employers will be advised how many visas they secured.
- October 1, 2021: Selected employers can start filing H1B petitions for employment.
Please contact Joe Asir at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 609-933-1275. Joe can suggest other alternatives for foreign nationals to seek employment or start their own business in the U.S. if the H1B is not the most appropriate visa route. Additionally, he works with employers in the hospitality, construction and restaurant industries to hire skilled foreign workers for short term projects.