September 29, 2022 – Keith L.T. Wright, Director of Strategic Planning in our Government Relations practice was Moderator of the “Rethinking New York’s Transportation Systems” panel discussion at City & State Magazine’s “Rebuilding New York Summit” on September 29, 2022.
The summit took place at the Museum for Jewish Heritage in Battery Park City in downtown Manhattan and was well attended. The panel discussed New York’s steps to meet its growing transportation infrastructure needs. The city is revamping its bus and subway network, increasing ferry routes, and expanding bike sharing options to the outer boroughs. Albany has also announced an historic $32.8 billion, five-year capital plan for programs that refocus investments on state and local roads and bridges in smaller municipalities and help reconnect neighborhoods and facilitate regional economic growth, while creating thousands of new jobs. Which of these top transportation projects are being prioritized and where are the opportunities for contractors?
Joining Keith on his panel were:
- Ydanis Rodriguez, Commissioner, New York City Department of Transportation
- Catherine Rinaldi, President, Metro-North Railroad & Long Island Rail Road
- Justin Lapatine, Partner, Public Affairs, Global Strategy Group
- Christian Henry, Senior Vice President and General Manager, North America Eastern Region, Cubic Transportation Systems
- Andrew Simmons, Founder and President, A&S Rebar