Brian C. Kochisarli is engaged in the practice of government relations, corporate, commercial and land use law. He represents public companies and private companies, venture capitalists, partnerships and individuals. Mr. Kochisarli advises public companies, private companies and their respective owners, officers and directors and individuals in commercial, business, land use and zoning, and personal matters.
Mr. Kochisarli has extensive experience representing public and private companies (often serving as outside general counsel) in all types of mergers and acquisitions, including stock and asset transactions, tender offers and proxy contests for corporate control, joint ventures, licensing, numerous other complex business matters, as well as negotiating executive employment, shareholder and partnership agreements. Mr. Kochisarli also has significant experience in navigating his clients and major development projects through the complexities of City and State agencies, including the Board of Standards and Appeals, the City Council, the City Planning Commission, and various New York economic and land development agencies.
Prior to joining DHC, Mr. Kochisarli was the managing partner at Amanatides Kochisarli PLLC.
- Represented a New York private equity group in a $200mm joint venture concerning the acquisition, operation, and supply of 163 petroleum stations.
- Represented an international investment fund in a Federal Housing Finance Agency investigation.
- Represented an NYSE-listed international company in multiple matters including in a $1.5mm JAMS arbitration concerning legal fee dispute and legal malpractice.
- Represented an Indian developer in a New York $22mm real estate transaction.
- Represented a New York private equity group concerning $25mm development which included negotiating with the NYC Economic Development Corporation and successfully prosecuting the quickest Uniform Land Use Review Procedure approval in history (3 months).
Mr. Kochisarli is a graduate of Brandeis University, having received his B.A. degree in 2005 and earned his J.D. degree from New York Law School in 2009.