Davidoff Hutcher & Citron’s skilled Commercial Litigation group is the largest department in the firm, regularly handling complex litigation matters for clients in need of sophisticated representation. Acting as aggressive advocates, DHC uses litigation as an effective tool to achieve our client’s business goals.
Our commercial litigators have extensive experience representing clients in a variety of forums – including federal and state courts, arbitration tribunals, regulatory agencies, and private mediations – across a broad range of industries in matters addressing a wide variety of subjects, including business divorce, governance and shareholder disputes, breach of contract, fraud, real estate development, sale and leasing, and employment litigation, among others. Specialized departments of the firm, including intellectual property, outdoor advertising, divorce, and labor & employment, regularly handle litigated matters for those practice areas.
The strength of our reputation as aggressive litigators is best illustrated by the frequent referrals we receive from lawyers against and with whom we have litigated. If you are seeking commercial litigation representation, we urge you to contact us and find out how we can devise an aggressive strategy to achieve your goals.
DHC’s Commercial Litigation group provides experienced representation in a comprehensive list of matters, including:
- Complex commercial litigation, including disputes relating to corporate ownership and governance (with a particular emphasis on closely held or family-owned businesses, and professional partnerships), shareholder agreements, franchisee-franchisor agreements, joint ventures, trademark and copyright, artist/gallery relations, and insurance coverage claims.
- Construction litigation involving public and private owners, developers, subcontractors, architects and engineers in state and federal courts, as well as in arbitration and in alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation and mini-trials. Securities, commodities, and finance litigation involving federal and state actions and SEC proceedings and litigation of contested acquisitions and mergers, public offerings, takeovers and general securities fraud.
- Real estate litigation involving contract and lease enforcement disputes, foreclosures, title disputes and all landlord-tenant matters on behalf of major commercial and residential real estate owners and property managers.
- Employment disputes involving the prosecution or defense of wrongful termination, discrimination and harassment claims and unfair competition matters, such as the recruitment of a competitor’s employees, the protection of customer lists and trade secrets, the theft of corporate opportunities and the enforcement of non-disclosure and restrictive covenants.
- White-collar defense, encompassing city, state and Federal investigations, including prosecutions for tax fraud, insider trading and other securities fraud, and violations of RICO and other criminal statutes.