Richard is a litigator with nine years of experience handling complex commercial disputes from intake through appeals in federal and state courts with comprehensive expertise in business divorce, shareholder derivative actions, and structured finance litigation.
Representative matters include:
- Won dismissal of all claims against former company director brought by shareholder alleging securities violations, corporate waste, breach of fiduciary duty, and insider trading.
- Won summary judgment for international toy manufacturer dismissing claims of unpaid sales commissions.
- Won summary judgment for national bank dismissing claims by former executive for breach of separation agreement.
- Obtained injunction against former employee of internet start-up for misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of non-compete agreement.
- Obtained settlement of FINRA arbitration for full amount of unpaid compensation and bonuses brought on behalf of interest-rate swaps trader against multinational investment bank.
- Represented trustee of several RMBS trusts concerning multibillion-dollar claims against mortgage originators for repurchase of defective mortgage loans.
- Represented hedge fund in connection with Department of Justice’s investigation of potential violations of federal antitrust laws in credit derivatives trading, processing, clearing, and information services.
- Counseled and provided litigation-risk analyses to government-sponsored enterprise concerning claims arising from breaches of representations and warranties in RMBS offering materials.
- Represented individual investigated by U.S. and U.K. regulatory authorities concerning Libor manipulation.